January 1, 2013

2013 intentions


I don't like resolutions. Who does, really? What I want to do this year instead is combine those "30 before 30" bucket lists (or "25 before 25" if you're far younger than me!) with the idea of living intentionally that Jess Constable talks about on her blog. I'm going to put together a list of things that I want to try this year-food I want to cook, books I want to read or movies I want to see, and activities I want to experience. I'm not thinking of things like "lose 5 pounds" or "watch less tv", although both of those could certainly stand to happen. I want this list to be an inspiration for my year, and one I can add to as I go along, but not something that I'm going to beat myself up over if I don't complete it.
Here's my list. What's on yours this year?

1. Finish decorating the bedrooms and the study in our house
2. Organize my recipes
3. Visit Dallas
4. See at least 3 of the movies nominated for Best Picture
5. Read "Winnie the Pooh" with my oldest son
6. Make the perfect Chai Latte
7. Read 5 books that have been languishing on my "to be read" shelf (that's the picture above)
8. Make macarons
9. Find the perfect lasagna recipe that the whole family will eat
10. Start a small garden (herbs and veggies)
11. Do a cleanse
12. Learn how to can things (maybe jam?)
13. Make cinnamon rolls
14. Learn how to cook more Korean food
15. Drive through the Oklahoma panhandle to see the grass lands affected by the Dust Bowl
16. Find a red lipstick I can actually wear
17. Go to a real concert
18. Display more of the children's artwork
19. Finish a knitting project (somehow they all end up as half finished rectangles)
20. Make homemade cleaners



1 comment:

  1. You have some great ideas on here - and this is WAY better than resolutions!
    If you're looking for a good cinnamon roll recipe, I like Alton Brown's overnight recipe. The second rise is overnight in the fridge, so you don't have to wait around to bake them!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips