February 4, 2013

Fast and Easy Waffles


Here's the thing about waffle recipes. There are so many good ones out there. There are pumpkin waffles, gingerbread waffles, yeasted waffles, even one called the Waffles of Insane Greatness. Seriously. 

I've tried a lot of them, and loved a lot of them. But they take FOREVER to make. Almost all of them require the batter to sit, sometimes even overnight. But I have a 3 year old and a 4 year old boy (and a 30-something boy) and they are starving first thing on a weekend morning. Waiting that extra half an hour is going to cause serious grumpiness to ensue. And let's not even pretend that I'm going to remember to make the waffle batter Friday night so I can start cooking first thing on a Saturday morning. Please. By Friday night I'm usually snoozing through DVR'd tv shows by 9 pm. 

One morning a few weeks ago the boys were begging me to make waffles so I dug around on the internet until I found one that required no waiting. Mix it together and go! Worth a shot, right? 

Well these are just right for a sleepy Saturday morning. They are incredibly simple and fast, don't require anything not usually in my pantry and more importantly, every boy in the house pronounced them their favorite new waffle. That's a win-win for me! 




Fast and Easy Waffles

adapted from This Week for Dinner

2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 c. milk
2 eggs
4 tbsp. butter
1 tsp vanilla extract

Preheat waffle iron.

Melt butter in saucepan and let cool slightly. Whisk together dry ingredients and set aside. 
Whisk together milk and eggs and then whisk in the vanilla and cooled butter. Pour the liquids into the dry ingredients and mix together. If the batter is a little too thick, you can add some more milk until it's the right consistency. 

Cook in your waffle iron and enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips