February 15, 2013

Friday Favorites

Doesn't everyone cook with legos? 

What I'm reading: 


The Great Reading Challenge has begun! I'm about halfway through Game of Thrones and the husband is already starting Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. I think he's secretly hooked, though he won't admit than a sheepish "it's actually pretty good". I didn't think I was hooked on G of T until I was reading at naptime yesterday and realized I flew through almost 100 pages in 2 hours.

We decided to keep it interesting we're going to watch each Harry Potter movie as he gets through the books, and the first 2 seasons of Game of Thrones as I read. It will help put faces to characters. I think we're both also excited to have someone else to geek out with about the book vs movie debate for each one. Yup, we're that cool.

What I'm watching: 

I'm totally hooked on Shakespeare Uncovered on PBS. They've divided the plays up and talk about the history and theatrical back story to each one. They're all hosted by a well-known actor or actress who has recently played the part.

Of course, the complete opposite to this is The Bachelor...and this week was an awesome trainwreck. I don't want to spoil the episode for those who haven't seen it, but I'm very pleased with the results :)


Great links around the web: 


A really interesting read on how physical activity helps some children regulate emotions (especially children who have undergone some sort of trauma). I notice a big difference in my boys depending on whether we can get outside or not.

Man, I wish we had the time to make these this week! They're perfect Valentines for superhero obsessed little boys but I bet they'd be great party favors too! I do have a birthday party to plan for an almost 5 year old...

Great post about the real life of blogging from Joy the Baker. Lots of cool new blogs to check out in the comments too!

A Red Beans and Rice soup that looks perfect for a cold winters night.

These baked cinnamon sugar doughnuts look like they might be awfully dangerous for me to keep around.

1 comment:

  1. Why do we have to live so far apart? Also hooked to Shakespeare and The Bachelor. We're going to start the Narnia books on CD next week in the car. Radio Theater, ever heard of it?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips