June 7, 2013

Spaghetti Pie



I got my wisdom teeth out yesterday. All in all, it's going better than I thought, but the liquid and soft food diet is old ALREADY, and it's only been a day. 

Since I knew that I would be headed into several days of blah eating (and several days of leftovers and/or takeout for the boys with me out of commission), I made one of our favorites the night before I had surgery. 

I've been making this dish since I saw it on The Naptime Chef's blog several years ago. It quickly became a favorite, and over time, I've tweaked it slightly to our preference. It's become one of my standby's when I'm bringing food to a family that's had a baby, especially if they have young children already. It freezes beautifully, and makes a ton of leftovers. It is made of mostly pantry items, and is very easy to change up based on what you have around. 

There is a good chance that this is going to be very first thing I eat when I am finally allowed to chew again. Assuming the boys have left me any, that is...

In the meantime, it's back to smoothies.


Sausage Spaghetti Pie
adapted from The Naptime Chef

Ingredients

1 lb spaghetti
2 tsp olive oil
1 package sweet italian sausage link removed from their casings
2 cups marinara sauce 
1 pinch red pepper flakes
4 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese (or parmesan)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Pour the olive oil into a pot and add the sausage once the oil is warm. Cook the sausage, making sure it's no longer pink, and has crumbled into smaller pieces. Add in the marinara sauce and the red pepper flakes and heat until warmed through. 

Boil the pasta until cooked, and then add to the sauce. Mix together and pour in an 11 x 13 baking pan. 

Beat the eggs quickly, and add in the milk. Pour over pasta mixture and then top with the cheese.

Bake for 25-30 min until heated through.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips