November 11, 2013

Happy Veteran's Day!


I wasn't going to post anything at all today, but I decided that between being the wife, daughter, granddaughter, niece and sister in law of Veterans and the fact that I call my blog Hearth and Homefront…I really couldn't let today go by without posting something small.

95 years ago today, at the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month, the armistice ending World War One was signed. Europe was in tatters. An entire generation of young men had been lost and the war to end all wars was over.

Of course human nature being what it is the peace didn't last…but human nature also creates courage and a sense of honor and sacrifice.

So a special thanks from me to all our Veterans-past, present and future, as well as the families manning the homefront- keeping those hearth fires burning while they wait for their loved ones to come home.

And a special thanks to the Veteran in the picture above-he just happens to be one of my favorites :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips