January 24, 2014

Friday Favorites



Happy Friday everyone! Are you still hunkered down in the freezing cold? We're getting a brief reprieve from it for the weekend thank goodness, so I can get my stir-crazy boys outside before we get another "arctic blast" next week.

I've been reading a lot this week and while the book subjects are all over the place, one of them is about unexpected houseplants. Between that and the dreary weather I am longing for garden season. I used to have a lot of houseplants but it got difficult to manage them with all the military moves so I've been gardening outside only the last few years. I might look for one this weekend though, it makes such a difference having something green in the house in the dead of winter!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Here are some of my favorite links around the web this week: 

Manhattan Clam Chowder by the Brown Eyed Baker. As a native New Englander, it feels a little blasphemous to say it…but this looks fantastic.

Shana and Stacey ended their series on Learning to Like a Social Network. So many good tips!

These Stir Fried Noodles would be perfect for a busy weeknight dinner.

Another slow cooker recipe to try: Chicken in Milk by the Naptime Chef.

Ending the "mommy wars".

It might be that I'm used to moving every few years, but I totally have the "re-decorating disease"!

You know I love a good owl craft!

These are getting made this weekend. My boys will flip out. Pizza Waffles!! What 5 year old can resist that!?


9 comments:

  1. So many good links here. I pinned the slow cooker chicken and pizza waffles. YUM. Thanks so much for the link to Stacey's and my Facebook/Twitter series. Have a great weekend, Moira. Let me know what the boys think if you make those waffles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pizza waffles sound like fun!


    We're also getting a break from the cold weather. It's going to be in the 60s this weekend, then it's back to the 30s on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I definitely have to check out pizza waffles! Have you ever tried egg waffles? You just mix up some eggs and cook them in the waffle maker. It's pretty fun! I really enjoyed Stacey and Shana's series, too. It's making me think about abandoning my facebook page and moving everything over to my personal page. Hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome! I've really enjoyed it :) I have grand plans to try those waffles tomorrow so if all goes well I'll let you know what the verdict is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds just like our forecast! Are you in the Oklahoma area by any chance? I hope you enjoy the sun while it lasts :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup I'm in Oklahoma :) Near Oklahoma City!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No, I haven't but those sound really fun! I agree about the Facebook page-with the new algorithm I'm not sure that anyone who isn't already my personal friend is seeing much of the stuff I post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for mentioning the series that Shana and I did. So glad you liked it- I certainly learned a lot doing it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips