March 28, 2016

Korea Linkup!


The Kite Fighters by Linda Sue Park was our book this month. It tells the story of two brothers, their love of kite flying and how they struggled to fulfill the expectations of oldest and youngest sons. We started reading this aloud at night, but it didn't hold my boys interest as much as I'd hoped. I think they are just a bit too young for it, and a setting so far back in time was a little tough for them to relate to. I finished it on my own, and I really enjoyed it. Park created a great window into this point in Korean history.

If you've been reading along with us, now is the time to link your blog posts up with Jessica, Sheila and myself. Add your link below and it will be linked to from all three of our sites.

In the comments, I'd love to hear if you have been reading along this month, or if you are planning to join us in April for When My Name was Keoko!

Link-up Guidelines:

1. Share a post about reading this book or one of the themed picture books. Entries completely unrelated to this theme or linked to your homepage may be deleted.

2. Link back to one of the host's posts.

3. The linkup will be open until the end of the month.

4. Please visit the person's blog who linked up directly before you and leave them a comment.

5. By linking up, you're granting us permission to use and/or repost photographs or comments from your linked post.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips