February 22, 2015

Weekend Reading




We're digging out from yet another storm, but February is almost over. Just the fact that March is that much closer to spring gives me hope for next month, despite the fact the March weather is really still messy and unpredictable. I'm clinging to signs of green wherever I can find them, and indulging in books set in warm places. (Currently reading the Vish Puri mystery by Tarquin Hall-set in India. I can almost feel the sunshine!)


What I think we all really need is a breather and a chance to remember a time when our lives didn't revolve quite so heavily around the weather forecast!


Here are some of the articles that pulled me out of my snowy bubble this week:

I don't think I managed to see any of the nominated films, but I'm still excited to watch the Oscars tonight.

With my husband traveling quite a lot this month, cooking has been pretty basic for me and the boys. These Middle Eastern Spiced Turkey Sliders from Pink Parsley look perfect for shaking up our routine.

Why I bring my Boys to the Ballet: This post from The Mom Edit strikes right to the heart of my hopes and worries as the mother of boys.

Simple but genius menu planning from Breanne at A Vintage Moment. (She is also running a giveaway for a copy of Brown Eggs and Jam Jars, once of the cookbooks I am most looking forward to reading this year!)

On Burnout. Anne from Modern Mrs Darcy shares what keeps her from going over the edge of burnout. Good stuff in the comments too!

Photos from my instagram feed (you can find me there @hearthandhomefront)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips