January 30, 2013

Go-To Brownies




Everyone needs a good brownie recipe. One they can whip up quickly without making a special trip to the store. This is what I make when I'm asked to bring a dessert last minute, or we're having a party that will have lots of kids there and I want an easy dessert that I know they'll like. (I have never met a child who did not love brownies, have you?) They are supremely adaptable, but there is nothing they need.

This recipe comes together really fast and creates brownies at just the right combination of gooey in the middle with a crackly top. If you want to get fancy, sprinkle powdered sugar on top, but most of the time I don't bother.

These are simplicity at its best.

Go-to Brownies


Slightly adapted from Smitten Kitchen

3 oz. unsweetened chocolate, chopped
1 stick unsalted butter
1 1/3 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
2/3 cup all purpose flour

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prep a 8x8 in baking pan by lining it with parchment paper and either spraying it with non-stick spray (butter works too).

Place a heatproof bowl over a simmering saucepan of water, and add in butter and chocolate. Stir regularly until they are melted together. Remove from heat and stir until completely smooth. Using a whisk, add in the the sugar, eggs, vanilla and salt, stirring between each addition. Fold in the flour and when completely combined pour the mixture into the prepped pan.

Bake for 25-30 minutes when a tester comes out clean.

Try to not eat one directly from the pan. Just try.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness- these look delicious! I thought I had found a go-to brownie recipe, but I started looking for one again. This will be the next one I try. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips