August 23, 2013

Friday Favorites


Sorry for the radio silence the last few days friends. It has been one of those weeks-the kind where nothing goes how you planned and nothing really gets accomplished. (You know that three headed monster that Hercules fights where every time he cuts one head off three more grow back? Just like that.)  I'm going to recharge this weekend, and be back to myself for next week.

What I've been reading this week:

The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan. This is basically the Egyptian version of his Percy Jackson/Greek myths series. Carter and Sadie Kane are siblings who have lived with different family members since the death of their mother. They think their parents were Egyptologists, but really they are magicians descended from the Pharaohs. When their father is captured by an evil Egyptian God, Carter and Sadie must discover their own powers to save him. This is a young adult book, so the narration can be very juvenile at times but the story is fast paced, and Riordan is the type of writer who always makes you read just one more chapter. Entertaining, but not my favorite of his books.


Good reads around the web:

Take that first step towards your dreams...A reminder that I certainly needed this week.

Now this is a way to wear sweatpants out of the house!

Chicken and summer vegetables in a casserole? It's on the menu for next week.

This mango smoothie looks so good. I would eat mangoes every day if I could.

Because sometimes you just need pretty pictures of beautiful jewelry.


And the video that makes me giggle now matter how grumpy I am. (And yes, the cat is fine)





Hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips