October 4, 2013

Friday Favorites





What I'm reading this week:
This was one of those weeks with an event almost every night and a stomach bug thrown in for good measure (fingers crossed everyone is healthy now!) I didn't get a whole lot of reading done, but I did finally get to the library to pick up a few new options. I just started The Throne of Fire by Rick Riordan. It's the second in his Egyptian series, and so far so good! I'm really looking forward to the next release in his Heroes of Olympus series in just a few days :)

Good reads around the web:

A truly thoughtprovoking post by Tsh (Simple Mom) about the dark side of the Chocolate industry. I really had no idea how cocoa was harvested, and I will certainly be doing some research into this.

Apple season is in full swing in the blogosphere. These Ham and Apple Butter Panini's look delicious and Simple Bites has 5 ideas for cooking with apple cider.

More Vintage Children's books-this time for fall!

Buffalo Chicken Chili? Yes Please. Perfect for football season and the hopefully "cool" weather we are about to get.

The Naptime Chef interviewed the author of Weelicious Lunches...the boys have been super picky about what we send in for lunch and I'm racking my brain for more ideas. I might have to check the book out!



Have a fabulous weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips