October 3, 2013

Biscoff Fudge



I was going to save this recipe until next week but after eating pretty much the whole container in the last 48 hours I decided it wasn't very nice to make you wait for it. When I first discovered Biscoff I made what became my favorite cookie recipe and I didn't bother to try any other recipes because I had the one. Earlier this week I planned on making those cookies, but I was out of oats. Since we're in the midst of this lovely government shutdown, the commissary is closed and I just couldn't bear to go to Walmart at lunchtime. Ugh. The craziness there makes my head spin. 

So I dug around a little bit until I found some other recipes that used Biscoff and then found this fudge. SCORE. Like the cookies, it's no bake, and comes together in a matter of minutes. It tastes just like you'd expect-a more solid, portable form of the spread. That's pretty awesome for those of us who could eat Biscoff by the spoonful out of the jar. It's sweet and a little bit rich, but that didn't stop us from eating most of the batch in one sitting! 

Somehow I don't think the leftovers will make it through the rest of today. 




Biscoff Fudge
adapted from Sugarcrafter

Ingredients:
1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks)
1 cup biscoff
pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups powdered sugar, sifted

Prep an 8x8 pan by lining it with a piece of parchment paper or aluminum foil. Cut the piece so that some hangs over the edges of the pan. (This will make it easier to list the fudge out of the pan.) Spray the paper/foil with a nonstick spray and set aside.
Melt butter and biscoff in a saucepan together over medium heat, stirring continuously. Once completely smooth, add in the vanilla and salt. Slowly pour in the powdered sugar, mixing as you go. Once it is totally incorporated, pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Smooth the surface with a knife or the back of a spoon.
Put the pan in the fridge to cool until firm. Cut into bite size pieces and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips