October 18, 2013

Friday Favorites


What I'm reading:

My book club is reading Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Coast Trail by Cheryl Strayed. I've been picking it up and starting it all week, and I just can't get very far. I have a feeling that I'm just not in the right mood for it this week, so I'm going to put it down, read something else that I know will be a quick one and try again next week. I'm notorious for finishing book club books the day of the meeting anyway :)

Good reads around the web: 

Martha Stewart had a big week! First she went passive aggressive on Gwyneth, and then made the bloggers mad. Yikes.

One of my favorite blogging linkups was posted this week-Twitterature on Modern Mrs. Darcy. Check out the great recommendations from Anne and all the other blogs linking up at the bottom of the post. Lots of books to add to my Goodreads "to read" shelf!

I love this post about National PJ Night from Traci Zeller Designs. What a great idea for a great cause!

This Roasted Apple and Rosemary Tisane from Simple Bites sounds like the perfect drink for a rainy fall day!

Why Neil Gaiman is every librarian's hero. Such a perfect speech on why libraries and books are so important.


Just a general housekeeping note...I've changed somethings around on the design side of the blog. The biggest change is switching the comments to Disqus. You don't have to sign up for a Disqus account to comment, but you do have to leave a name and email at the minimum to comment (don't worry-your email stays private!). The upside is that it's easier to have a conversation in the comment section as well as getting notified when your comments have a reply. If you have any comments or questions about it, feel free to get in touch and let me know!

Let's connect! Facebook/Twitter/Pinterest/Instagram/Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips