November 1, 2013

Friday Favorites

                   
Whew! We survived Halloween, and the crazy event schedule that goes with it! The boys had a blast trick or treating last night and then staying up to hand out candy with us. The poor teachers today though- I can't imagine how insane the kids are going to be after a late night and lots of sugar.

I'll be taking down all the Halloween decorations today, and going into planning mode for November. We've got lots scheduled, and a Thanksgiving menu to plan! Am I the only one who's really excited about that? This must be what fashion bloggers feel like during Fashion Week :)

I'm starting a sewing class next week and I'm super excited-I've been sewing for years but most of the things I do are my "own" way, not the "right" way. Several good friends are taking it too so it will be a really fun way to have a girls night once a week. (Local friends-I think there is still space in the class! You should sign up too!) Keep an eye out on Instagram for peeks of my projects!



What I'm Reading this week:
I rounded up some of the spooky reading I've been doing on Wednesday, and since finishing those books I've moved on to Carry On, Warrior by Glennon Melton. She blogs over at Momestery and while I'm enjoying it, it isn't quite as "life-changing" as I heard it might be. I'm hoping that my expectations aren't going to ruin it for me.

What I'm Reading around the Web this week: 

55 Things only 90s Teenage Girls Understand is hysterical. I may have seriously considered being Angela Chase for Halloween this year…

Thoughts on when to let kids start cooking from Simple Bites.

Book subscriptions sound like such a cool idea-sadly this roundup from Domestic Sluttery is only for the UK. Someday in the states maybe?

This Sweet Onion and Parmesan Dip from the Brown Eyed Baker looks like the perfect football party (any party, really) food. Now I just need to plan a party so that I can make it!

I'm going to try this project with the boys for November. Each day we can all write something we're thankful for. I'm hoping to start widening the perspective of my oldest, but even if the kids don't get anything out of it, I will. A little gravitate practice will be good for us all.

I hope you have a great weekend!


Let's connect! Facebook/Twitter/Pinterest/Instagram/Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips