November 4, 2013

Gifts from the Kitchen: Maple Ginger Roasted Almonds



Thanks for your patience with the late post today!  I spent this afternoon uploading the new site design. It's a template made by Kate at 17th Avenue Designs who was so awesome to work with. I wasn't ready to invest in a full custom design, so I wanted to find a middle ground-something a little more unique than the ready made blogger one but not full on custom.

I'm really happy with the direction things are moving-and there are still some other tweaks I'm going to be making in the next few weeks so keep your eyes peeled for a few more changes over in the sidebar! Now with changes sometimes come quirks, so if you notice anything isn't working right (comments, links, etc) let me know! (Facebook or Twitter are the fastest but feel free to drop me an email if you'd prefer!)

While most of today's update was cosmetic I did add a "Pin-It" button that will allow you to pin right from the picture! If you hover the mouse over the image you will see the word "Pin"in the upper right corner of the picture. Easy peasy! Pin away friends :)


Now on to the food! These smelled so good roasting in the oven-just like I was baking gingerbread! Perfect for a crisp fall afternoon. The flavor is sweet but not overwhelmingly so, and the heat from the ginger is spot on. It's not "spicy" but there is warmth there, raising the ho-hum almond to something special. I'm already giving away the batch I made for this post, because I can't.stop.eating.



Maple Ginger Roasted Almonds
adapted from Blue Kale Road and The Honour System

2 1/2 cups raw almonds
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp cinnamon


Preheat oven to 375 and prep a baking sheet by covering it with parchment paper. Whisk together spices and maple syrup. In a bowl, pour over almonds and mix until all the nuts are coated.

Bake for 10-12 minutes, stirring once about halfway through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips