January 10, 2014

Friday Favorites

Somehow I always let the first week after the kids go back to school from a vacation get extra busy. Too many appointments, too much paperwork. I got a lot accomplished, but there were times I felt on the edge of burnout. I have big plans this weekend to cut myself a lot of slack, get together with friends, let the kids play and the grownups relax, read a good book (I just started Where'd you go, Bernadette?!) and remind myself that it's ok to take the easy road sometimes.

Happy weekend everyone! Here are some of my favorite links from around the web this week:

Scientists in Australia respond to their lack of research into Dragons…and then make a 7 year old very happy!

Kelsey (The Naptime Chef) has posted a ton a great recipes in the last few weeks. The lemon marmalade and classic lasagna bolognase are going to the top of my to-do list!

I love Stacey's idea of an inspiration card that you can carry with you instead of a board hidden somewhere in the house.

How do you measure creativity? The Art of Simple shows us how to think beyond the number of completed crafts.

Tips for cooking with your kids from Simple Bites readers.

I really need a party as an excuse to make this Salty Honey Pie from Joy the Baker because I'm pretty sure I would eat the whole darn thing myself otherwise.

A great perspective on changing online envy into motivation from PJ at Bunny and Dolly. This is something I need to work on this year!

3 comments:

  1. I do that too - hope for a party as an excuse to make something I KNOW I shouldn't eat the leftovers of! I've never heard of a honey pie, but it sounds decadent.


    Is your dog a Beagle? So precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun to see my link here when I came to visit. Thanks for including it! And I just love the adorable picture of your pooch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you're enjoying Where'd You Go, Bernadette. It's a really good "take it easy weekend" kind of read.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips