August 19, 2014

Settling In

The Rose of Sharon tree in our new backyard

We made it! The boys and I are in the new house, our moving truck is en route, and school starts next week.

The last few weeks have been a whirlwind, and the next few look to be the same. I have to keep reminding myself that we are in survival mode. It's tough on all of us, grownups and children alike.

This is a time to savor the good moments and gloss over the bad. Time to cut myself some slack when all I want to do at the end of the day is have a glass of wine and a dish of ice cream and zone out to old Inspector Morse episodes on Hulu.

I'm wading back into my writing, and in the meantime I want to share some sneak peeks of the new house!


The fireplace and built-ins…soon to be repainted! 



One of my favorite details: a door knocker perfect for dog lovers!



My dream stove. I'm still catching myself staring at it randomly :) 



9 comments:

  1. I love built-ins, and that stove is unreal. :-) Can't wait until your stuff arrives and you feel really settled!! It won't be long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep staring at your stove too! It's a beauty and you so deserve it! Blessings to you and your family in your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's already starting to feel more like home…I really cooked for the first time today, and it made me realize how much I miss my mixer! Next time, I will consider that part of my essential hand-carry items :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much! It's going to be a great place to raise the boys (and do lots of cooking!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those built ins, well not so much the color. But the bones of that space is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Moira! Found my way over today from Jess at Quirky Bookworm, and am immediately wishing that we could sit down and have a cup of tea! Aside from your love of books and your charming boys, your "Rose of Sharon" caption let me know we were New England soulmates. Everyone out in PA insists that it is "just a hibiscus." How unromantic.
    That fireplace is a stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes! Hibiscus just doesn't have the same ring to it, does it? So glad you stopped by-I popped over to your blog and agree that we need to chat over a cup of tea. Best dog name ever, by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The place is gorgeous! Congratulations! I really love the door knocker! Thanks for the post!
    Dana

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips