September 2, 2014

Courage, dear heart


I succumbed to a fit of the mopes this weekend.

I'm tired. Tired of boxes, tired of living in survival mode, tired of our self-imposed family separation.

Tired, tired, tired.

In frustration, I made a cup of tea, and turned to my books. I never fail to find comfort or courage in the pages of my favorites.

In the end, it was unassuming Bilbo Baggins stuck in the goblin caves, who spoke the most to me.

"Go back?" he thought. "No good at all! 
Go sideways? Impossible! 
Go forward? Only thing to do! 
On we go! 
So up he got and trotted along with his little sword held in front of him, and one hand on the wall, his heart all of a pitter and a patter." 

Going forward-it's the only thing to do. Reminders of your path, like courage, can be found in the most unlikely places.

I'd love to know what words bring you comfort and courage. Please share!

And if you are looking for a few more of my favorites (including the CS Lewis quote I used in my post title) you can find them on my "quotables" Pinterest board

2 comments:

  1. Nancy Miller ScanlonSeptember 2, 2014 at 7:18 AM

    Transition is never easy, but it's the hardest at the point you are at. I've been there, and while it does get easier, that's cold comfort at the moment. If you would like some help with boxes, entertaining the children, or just a tea-mate, I'm yours for however long you need me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Moira - I know just how you're feeling. The unpacking, changes in the way we do EVERYTHING, etc etc etc. It's just exhausting. And I can't seem to catch a minute to rest, life is just too crazy. I know I should work on unpacking this weekend, but I think I'm just going to ignore it for a while.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips